Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Decided to go with the black velvet for trimming, since I already had it. No use getting something you don't really need, when you have something else that will suffice just as well! I found some black silk for ties and I made a velvet bow for the center back. Sigh. Velvet is difficult to work with. The strips weren't so bad, but the bow was more unreasonable.

I really LOVE how this came out though and can't wait to start *mine* with the reddish gray plaid wool I have for it. This particular wool is just not my thing, so I listed it for sale in my Etsy shop.

A smaller version, sized down a bit (but not too much, because they have large heads) will work well for the boys, I think. That, or I might try a modified sunbonnet pattern for their hoods. This hood is pretty nice, but it's not very fitting to the head and I think in windy conditions would allow too much passage of air. Hmm. For them, I have a bright red wool plaid and a blue and brown wool plaid. I can't wait to make theirs, I think they will look so cute wearing them!




  1. Wow. That black trim really finished the hood off nicely!

  2. Oh, it's beautiful Sarah! It looks so amazingly authentic, you make me wish I could wear it. :)

    Thank you so much for your comment on our blog, your prayers and compliments. It truly means a lot to me.

    Many blessings on you and yours,

    ~Johanna (CrookedSapphires on the S&S forum)


Thank you for your lovely thoughts!